Thursday, January 25, 2007

USPTO's seven step quick start

So I went to one of the pre-conferences at ALA, Business Librarianship 101. It was interesting to note that whey they talked about patent research, they really only talked about how hard it was to navigate the USPTO site, and mentioned finding your PTDL Library more than once. You may already know about this, but sometimes if I can't get a patron to focus on our guide to patent searching, I refer them to USPTO's 7-step strategy. The good thing is that it provides direct links to everything you need. I've found the easiest way to direct people to it (and for me to even find it) is search for "seven step strategy" from the top-right search box on the uspto.gov home page.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Excellent Deanna- I have never seen this page before. They have it in PDF so someone could easily print it out too. Thanks!